Thursday, March 1, 2012

Give Thanks

Psalms 118:1 Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.

This morning when I was having my bible time I was reading in Psalms, and that verse really stood out to me. Now, it definitely wasn't a new verse to me...I've read that chapter in Psalms many times, I've memorized the verse, I've even sang the verse in the great song, Forever, by Chris Tomlin. But this time the verse specifically stood out to me and made me think. It says to "give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever." That doesn't mean to just give thanks when things are going the way we want them to...it doesn't mean to just give thanks three quick times a day before meals...it doesn't mean to just give thanks when we feel like it, or think about it. We should "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" as it says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18. And we should do this "for He is good; His love endures forever."


2 comments:

  1. we should do that song on Sunday morning sometime!

    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! when i was listening to it i was thinking about how it would be a great song to do sometime!

    ReplyDelete