Monday, September 24, 2012

Amazed by the little things...

My friends often joke of how I am easily amused. And it's true that I get quite excited on things that, to others, might seem insignificant. :)

But as I think on that, I realize how many small blessings we take for granted. Right now as I sit at my desk, gazing at the deep blue cloudless sky, the mostly green leaves with faint smudges of yellow and brown, and the bright rays of sun that shine through the trees, I am, indeed, amazed. God has blessed us with so many small things that, even on the worst days, remain unchangingly beautiful. Imagine a world without color. A world where it was always hot weather...or always cold weather. A world where there were no flowers, frisky butterflies and squirrels, or rain showers. God didn't have to give us such a beautiful world to live in, but He did. Too often I find myself complaining that it's too hot, or too cold, or too windy, or too rainy, rather than just taking a moment to enjoy it. Taking a moment to thank Him that I have eyes to see the sunshine and ears to hear the rain. There are so many small blessings around us if we just take the time to see them.

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."



Emily

 



No comments:

Post a Comment